Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Night Riding

Okay, poor picture quality. Let's just get that out of the way to avoid future comments. Regardless, about 3.5 years ago I purchased the Marwi Nightpro Extreme light system for riding my bike at night. Let's face it... most of us live busy lives... work, school, and bowling can take up a lot of time. My passion for biking has led me to understand that often times it is difficult to find the time for everything I would like to do, especially riding my bike, since it was entirely dependent on the light of the sun. Now, what really depressed me is that during the winter season when the sun is down by 5pm due to daylight savings I never had time to ride. Ever. I had heard about lighting systems for bikes and had always been skeptical of how well it would work. I couldn't imagine having a light that would light the trail enough for me to go 20-30 mph railing corners and hitting jumps. Well, after some research and after a talk to my good friend Brent Rodriguez... I decided I needed to invest in a lighting system. Brent's Dad was kind enough to get me a super deal (like $150 off) on the Nightpro Extreme. It may have been one of the best purchases of my life, as since then I've been able to ride when I want... and not when daylight savings and the sun want. I went for a ride tonight and it was excellent. Look, it's December, it's should be freezing, it gets dark at 5pm and I can still ride after work. Just get bundled up, strap on the Nightpro and point those handlebars downwards!! It's a whole different experience as well. I love it. As you can possibly see, I am lit up by the truck's headlight at the top of the "C", and my light is not even directly shinging at the camera at all, but still blinding it. It's a bright light. And it lasts up to 3.7 hours. Now that, my friends, is a good time. Happy trails!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Jeez, if it was $150 off, how much is the retail on one of those babies?